Friday, January 04, 2008

New Video - Wet Maps

I found this old render just recently and thought I'd post it. This render shows a close up of the water wheel sim I posted earlier, showing off the wet maps.

Houdini does not by default come with wet maps... so... just do 'em yourself :) I wrote a custom shader that uses Point Clouds to do a point detection of the water surface to the mesh on a frame by frame basis, to indicate for this frame, which sections are wet/dry based on the distance from the water mesh to box mesh.

I then rendered out the sequence of wet maps, and composited them using Houdini's built-in compositor. I think this was the 2nd time I used Hscript... and only to write a one line script to be called every frame =)

Final render was done using Mantra in PBR mode.

No comments: