Thursday, January 17, 2008

Jags Part 2

Another quick Houdini test. In the show Vexille, these gigantic worms made of scrap objects crash into a city gate after chasing some rebels through a desert... This is a quick test of how such a shot could be setup in Houdini.



The twirling worm itself is simply a rotating cylinder with boxes copied onto them. However, I did some setups to create a group that only choses the points about to collide, and use that group to copy a group of boxes that could be used in DOPs as a RBD Fractured object. I had to use CHOPs - the Hold CHOP in particular to make sure that such a group is only created once, and will never be used again.



Rendering is yet again another lazy ass AO pass. I did screen a blurred version atop the base layer to give it the glow-y look. Next... perhaps I'll see if I can figure out how do create a full scale sim without any fakery.

No comments: