Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Mist

Long time no post - been busy @ work, and just finished a great overnight shoot where we blocked off a bridge :) I was just there to place tracking markers and advice the camera moves.

I just watched The Mist last night, CG seemed good, props were good, and given there were probably only 2 locations it should be easy to distribute the budget. My only complaint about the show was the story - they changed the freakin' ending! And the first 15 mins was very, very rushed - the editing could have gone better imo. Granted, the show was only 2 hours long, and it would be difficult to stuff a whole novel into that kinda time frame. The most of the movie seemed to be true to the book, some of the creatures were different (where are my slugs?!), but they dropped the love scene :P

I'm not sure what I'd feel about the movie if I hadn't read the book. Between this and Cloverfield, I'd take cloverfield for the non-stop action. Though if you can't play FPS games, don't watch cloverfield, at least one of my friends told me he couldn't take it :)

Now, is anyone pondering how much Houdini was used in either of them? Mrrr....

No comments: