Sunday, November 15, 2009

I hate computers so much

So. Last night, I had 9.04 working just enough to get some stuff done. But today was no fix-my-darned-computer day, I took time to visit the Hamerton Zoo Park in Huntingdon. Great day, shooting in the rain for 4 bloody hours. It's not too bad, just that my fingers tips were hurting in the cold weather.

Got home, got 9.10 installed and.... the mouse doesn't work. DUH!? Everything works great with the 9.10 live cd, but installed, no mouse. Seems like this is an issue with some dells, well let's add the precision 6400 to that list too! Gah! Back on 9.04 for the moment - I don't need the latest and shiniest stuff - though I must admit 9.10's live cd seems very... osx-like. I.e. bling. I love it.

Just got the darned quadro drivers installed, so I'm back to my full res screen. Next up, getting the rest of the apps (houdini, bibble, imagemagick etc) installed. Sigh. Gonna be a very, very long night. Thankfully, work will begin late tomorrow, as my sims will take a fair amount of time to run :)

GW

No comments: