Sunday, November 22, 2009

Exploring Highgate


Bike in La Bruschetta

I was looking for someplace near London to explore (read: cheap) and my deputy Head of 2d recommended me to take a nice walk from Highgate down to Hamstead Heath. It's a really nice place to visit around. Didn't take much pictures of the town itself though :P


Quite surprised to see a bee this time of year.


Clock tower in Archway

A short walk downhill gets me to Archway. My plan was to visit the cemetary, then explore Hamstead Heath. A very good plan, but one that was doomed to fail in winter.




Even at 2pm, I was at iso 1600 (!!!), wide open on my 16-85vr. And it was raining.



That's not a problem since I'm not exactly going to be printing those - at websizes no one can tell!


hi-1 (boosted) - can you see the noise?

Inside the cemetary, 1600 and very slow shutter speeds, and up to the boosted hi-1 were used.


Lonely







Had a great time shooting panos there. I had about 10 panos taken, but only these 3 came out with compositions I liked.

Till next time!

GW

No comments: