Sunday, December 07, 2008

Hugin - OSS Panoramic tool


North Terrace Panorama, my first week in Adelaide.

Discovered Hugin many days ago, and finally, on my 3rd try, managed to get it installed and running! I followed this link - helped me alot when I was trying to install the autopano-sift-C application. http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_Compiling_Ubuntu if not the rest of it was pretty straightforward linux install stuff. Cmake kinda threw me off though...

In anycase, I've been using Hugin for about 5 mins, and the trial version of Autopano Pro for days. Been meaning to buy it but I've been putting it off. A few things to note is that I like the preview of the panorama in Hugin better; it's higher resolution and seems to update very much faster. Hugin also has a whole different slew of projections, like Mercator, Fisheye, Equilinear. Not that I have any idea what they really mean :P Still haven't figured out how to straighten horizons like Autopano Pro. I'm going to be giving this baby a whiz right now. The above pano was rendered about 8k wide, and the blending seems to be excellent.

Think I'm going to lay off Houdini for a bit and play with Hugin :)

No comments: