Monday, August 15, 2011

[ Houdini Cookoff ] 07

For some inexplicable reason, I'm actually rendering stuff before simulation >.>

No, don't ask me why. I just felt like it was mantra time :D

I'm keeping things really simple - 3 passes, AO, Diffuse+Cd and Reflection. The screenshot above is just for the bottle, and similar passes will be used around the cup.

For the diffuse pass I was thinking of going down the PBR route and actually setup the lights to resemble the windows, but it was taking somewhat longer to get rid of the noise, so I reverted back to the micropolygon render and just two distant lights; one key, one fill.

Motion blur is fun with deformation geometry :3 Deformation blur, with 3 samples. Love to get the curves in :)

This brings up the thorny issue of reflection of my *hand* in the water..... will probably do some crappy "map my fist onto a sphere for reflection" thing. Let's see how it goes. I'm taking tomorrow off to attend a gig a friend is playing, so no updates, till at least Wednesday.

No comments: