Monday, August 10, 2009

London in the evening

Decided to take a walk down to the Thames this evening, didn't realize it'd be a near 5 hour walk as I covered a fair bit of the south bank, all the way to St Paul's, then a long walk back home. Man, I thought these were reserved for the weekend? :)



Here's Trafalgar Square this placid evening. The overcast weather was doing nothing to dampen the spirit of the tourists. The 4th Plinth's activities were going on as usual, rain or shine. Took a few snaps of the hour's plinther, but I think my walkaround 16-85 wasn't long enough to crop into the artist on stage. It's alright, but I would have preferred my 70-200 in order to stop the motion. VR does not help in this case.



Along the south bank, I tried to capture the spirit of love and life near the eye.



In cold contrast, is loneliness along the steps of St Paul's.

I was also looking for urban foxes, to no avail. Oh well.

No comments: