Monday, August 03, 2009

Battersea Park

Visited Battersea park on Sunday, it's very close to the city, just south of the river. No tube stations in the immediate vicinity, but there is a railway station just a 5 minute walk away. It connects directly from Victoria, but it's kinda pricey for a one stop ticket :(

Did not see many critters (a couple told me I had a rat or mouse scurrying at my feet when I was doing my flower macro :( ) - but there was a large assortment of water fowl in the area, and I think I saw a beautiful dusky moorhen that HAD to disappear after I pull out my 70-200 :P

I spent a good amount of time chasing bees today, unfortunately all the bumble bee shots I managed to take were totally useless due to incorrect exposure metering and plain simple missing focus. The end of the day was good though, as I caught a pigeon perched on flowering shrubs. Yay :) 70-200VR + TC14E rules as a walkaround wildlife lens :)




No comments: