Monday, January 15, 2007

Yay, let's gripe.

Awright, haven't updated in months... what's new on my side? Nothing much, busy with work and all. If anything, I'm gonna be posting stuff here 'cause lots of guys in my office are posting stuff on their blogs too, so gonna join in the fun :)

Today's gripe: RAM. Took me about half an hour to figure out the post codes and all, seems like one of the pieces of ram in my main pc died. Yep. Was halfway through the Win2k (YES IT IS SO OLD) bootup, when it dropped to dos, and refused to boot. Spending some time on my dad's PC I figured the beeps then set things right. Now, i'm only on 1gb of ram, thankfully I'm not doing any heavy projects. Well that should change with the next VFX Wars on cgtalk :)

I just got my "belated" christmas present today! Yipee! It's a plastic NA Flute. I'll post pics, maybe even a YouTube test. For the NA Flute players, it's a two in one plastic flute with G and F# keys (woo!). G is totally lovely, I can now play along with some of Scott August's New Fire tracks... Love that CD. The G and F# are quite a different beast from my High Spirits A flute, for the first time, breath control became very important. I have to control my breathing significantly so as not to overblow the higher notes. The first few minutes of practice, I thought something was wrong with the flute, even took out my tuner, but it seems it's just operator error :)

Check back soon :)

No comments: