Sunday, January 21, 2007

Spent the weekend battling minor PC problems (-urge-to-format-strong-), but otherwise it's still rainy, and not much chance to bring my bike out and stretch my legs :(

I spend awhile today playing the flute again, it is simply a delight to be able to play along (or best as I could) with Scott August's New Fire album. The few songs I played along to were in G and F#, perfect for the new flute. I used to "play" parts of "Heart Of the Sky" (which is in the key of G) on my A flute, and it's a simple pleasure to be able to finally play in key. It's kinda like Karaoke, only with a musical instrument :)

"Mockingbird Canyon" was in F#, could keep up for the slower parts, but I'm still not used to the reach of the F# flute. I guess my paws aren't as big as I thought :P

No comments: