Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Flute Pics!




Here's a pic of my new AO PF Flute along side my training flute, a Sparrow Hawk from High Spirits. I've only spent about an hour on the new PF Flute, and am loving it. The finish is frankly, quite bad. Plus it doesn't look like the picture on the Amon Olorin Flutes website. It sound great, and as mentioned I can now play along with some of my favourite tracks. I think it is a great buy for two keys, and won't hesitate to recommend it. I'm going to be looking for leather strips of sorts to decorate this new flute :)

The key of G has a finger spacing quite larger than my Sparrow Hawk, so I'm still unable to perfectly cover all the holes, F# is quite a bit larger (check the pic!), and I am going to take a looong while before I can play on F# properly :) As mentioned before, the higher notes are quite easy to overblow, hope it's just my flute :)

Will post more pictures of the bird (or block) tomorrow :)

No comments: