Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Kfm4 Flying Wing Build Log 04

Added in the elevons :3 I must say I quite uncertain how to attach them - should I use some kind of hinge (I bought du-bro hinges)? In the end I decided to KISS and attach them using hinge tape - aka 3m blenderm.

I've also sanded down the leading edges to more of a "regular airfoil" kind of shape... only to realize, how was I to do it on the other side? I should have just left it. Oh well, we'll see what happens :)

Next up I could probably tape down the elevons with some new 3m tape I've got - 3m Storage Packing Tape. It's supposed to have a stronger Acrylic adhesive, and unlike the generic packing tape I got from the post office, it's thinner and amazing goop actually sticks to it very, very well - as well as foam tac.

The next step is to fit the servosin!

No comments: