Wednesday, June 24, 2015

GoPro and Can Openers

I got this nifty can opener in Montreal, and I've been meaning to shoot some footage of it in actual use for a long while. And, I got some with my gopro.

First up though, battery issues? The Hero 4 silver was fully charged and left on my table. That was Sunday. Today, when I switched it on, it was showing 2 of the 3 bars of battery life.

Is this battery drain? I'm going to have to keep track of this. The self discharge of lithium ion batteries shouldn't be so poor. Geez.

Next, I'm starting to get the hang of the workflow of GoPro studio, but discovered that certain things, like the speed of the clip cannot be keyframed. Evidently, this feature is only available in the Premium (and I'd assume also the Professional) version of GoPro studio. Even basic controls like curves are not available unless you pony up the moola. 

So, for now, I'm thinking my workflow - if I _ever_ get into this editing thing - will be to use gopro studio to export the cineform quicktimes (if necessary) as my DI, then bring them for editing, colour correction and grading in DaVinci Resolve.

Apart from Resolve, I've also been trying out Lightworks. Couldn't really get into it as I've found some good tutorials for Resolve so I'm going down that route.

No comments: