Sunday, June 21, 2015

Flying by the Torrens River

I have been flying in the morning before work at the park by the Torrens river. Lots of open space, and not many people around. This morning, the Adelaide Fire Service was doing some kind of testing or practicing near by. Was wondering why the fire truck was parked out there, and they started testing out their equipment shortly after I started flying.

Thankfully, I had the sd card on board, and engaged the camera to get some shots of the fire fighters in action. While the wind was really strong today, the X4 was able to slowly fight against it, though I had to engage Expert Mode at times - basically the high performance mode - so as to not have the quadcopter blow away!

Was really tempted to fly the quad up and get a closeup of the fire fighter, but with the negative press going on about how people are flying their quads irresponsibly and ruining it for the rest of us, I decided to stay safe and stay above the green.

Times like these I wish I had a bigger quad with a gimbal and a gopro, it would have been far more interesting and less dizzing to watch!

No comments: