Sunday, January 31, 2010

The year in review. Well so far ;-)

Been a very hectic month, finishing up my current feature film project at Framestore. But it's done! Complete! Finito!

Feels awesome as it's only recently sunk in that I was the sole vfx td on one sequence, a somewhat tough sequence too. And I pulled it off. Glee :):):) Plus I had other shots to work on.

Walked the usual routes around London again, camden down to leicester square, but was a little tired as I walked a fair bit around town yesterday, so headed to grab some lunch (at 4pm!) at Ultimate Burger along Tottenham Court Road. Not bad, but nothing yet beats Gourmet Burger. Or that burger stand at the Speedway circuit.

While I am still feeling emphoric, at the same time, I am feeling very, very drained, and am looking forward to next week's break. Had the D200 with me all the while, but was more happy just enjoying the winter breeze, and wasn't in the mood for shots, though I saw a fair few.

I need to get back into the rhythm of shooting wildlife again, especially while it's still cold, I need to see what kind of behavioural changes there are to the deer at Bushy and Richmond. Am hoping to visit Scotland again :) Shoot the artic foxes in the Highland Wildlife Park, hopefully they still have their full winter coats on. And catch the polar bear, Mercedes, who has moved up to the park recently.

I've been informed about my next project, looking forward to it. Nanny McPhee 2 has been awesome as I started with the team very very early, and stayed right up to the end.

Oh btw, cameras are simply not as cuddly as plush wolves. But I am certain my colleagues will find me hugging a plushie at work disturbing, so I decided to hug my 16-85 + D200 instead. Hey, I'm eccentric. Not wierd. Eccentric.

:P

GW

No comments: