Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Nightsound at the Esplanade, circa 2008


I'd shot this way back in 2008, and recently decided to re-visit it as I want to do photography in Jazz clubs and such, and hopefully this is sort of a "what I can do" and "no I've done it at least once before and I didn't mess it up. Too badly." presentation to people who may be interested. Most of these shots have been re-processed to reflect my current tastes.


The way I grade my photos has changed quite wildly over the year or so.


Many factors would attribute to this, including a new camera as well as further in-depth understanding of Bibble Pro as well as the myriad of plugins I use.


These were taken mostly with the 70-200VR (a rental, back in the day) as well as my trusty D200.


I remember cringing at how bad the noise was, however revisiting it today, I didn't really feel much oddly.


Nowadays, especially when doing B&W, boosted hi-1 on the D200 actually needs more grain added via plugins :P


One thing that hasn't changed is my love for random dutch angles.


This shot above though, I have no idea how I graded it a year ago. I could not re-grade it to get the same feel, so this is the original, not sure if I had turned the noise reduction on or not.


Color contrast yeah?


End of the day closing up.


Another B&W dutch shot o.0










I'll leave the full frame shizzle to the pros, us amateurs just shoot :)

Till next time :)

GW

No comments: