Saturday, December 26, 2009

Exploring London on Boxing Day


Thought I'd explore central London, or whatever was within walking distance for a bit. Went to work first though, but didn't stay long. Went out for food, lusting for some Chicken Katsu, but the good places weren't open. Yet.

Next down the list... Nandos... oh yeah. hot spicy peri-peri :3 But they were only open at 2pm! GAH! Next best thing, went down to chinatown and got me some grub. Did two quick runs of Daytona USA, decided I'd rather spend some time finishing a book I borrowed (Ross Lowell's Matter of Light and Depth), so trotted off home.

I did take the scenic road home though:


Decorative items at Fernandez and Wells... I hope they are decorative! Ouch!

A little addendum: It may not look like it, but this was taken using Niel van Niekerk's flash techniques. SB600 was pointed to the right, flagged with black foam board. The flash was zoomed in to 85mm. Attempts at using CLS failed, sadly - ambient light was probably too high. I didn't bring my radio triggers out today gah.



Many floats and balloons around, I'll just put one up for interests' sake.


Fox at a window display of http://www.beyondthevalley.com/



Wanted to get the BT Tower inside a triangular frame, but this is the best I could manage.



Where does your eye go to? Light or Dark?


I did some google map calculations... I think I walked like 9 miles yesterday... no wonder my legs are tired. Yes, I'm healthy, but not fit ;-)

No comments: