Monday, December 28, 2009

Breaking barriers

Another lazy day off. Decided to go out for a walk around Trafalgar Square as I've not visited there for a while. The morning started out very nice, but just around noon time, the temperature started to drop rapidly. It was so cold, when I got back home and popped open my camera, the CF card inside was cold...


Street is not my forte. But I'm trying.

 Wish that sign wasn't there gah.


An interesting Z-shaped cloud formation. Took a bit of finessing in Bibble to get it silhouetted as I'd instictively upped the meter by 2/3s of a stop, and got a "correct" exposure but not an exposure I wanted. Messed with the color balance as well to get the blues more insane.


Finally, I went over to Convent Garden market. There was one particular store owner that stood out for the rest, I wanted to take the shot, but as usual, couldn't.

After fussing around outside the market, I decided to ask permission, the worst that could happen is he'd say no and I could just go home crying but he said yes. Evidently, he is well photographed, but from what I could hear from his neighbour, not many people actually ask for permission.


I took 3 shots, shutter was very low at 1/15 of a second, around 55mm, 5.6 @ iso 800. VR saving my bacon here, but the first shot had major subject motion from the furball. I think they turned out very well, and I will be sending him prints.

GW

2 comments:

hock said...

dude ur photos r gd!

Gallen Wolf said...

Thanks boss!!!