Thursday, February 19, 2009

Must. Get. Flash.

Just got my first set of aussie prints from Atkins Technicolor, and they are _awesome_. There something about the Kodak Enduro paper they use versus the Fuji's I print on back home. Although they are a bit more expensive vs the run of the mill 1 hour quick prints, they _are_ a pro shop. (Note I'm a n00b not a pro, but they rock, see?)

There is something about examining prints vs examining them on a monitor you don't pick up. Perhaps its because I tend to pixel peep the low iso shots, but it's kinda tough to do it on a 5x12 print :P

I am noticing that alot of my wildlife shots have overly dark shadows, something that definitely can be solved if I had a flash. Must admit I do think back to the good times with my Dynax 5 and its most awesome flash system. High speed sync + wireless for less than half the price of a Nikon SB600.

Gah.

No comments: