Saturday, February 28, 2009

Black Hill Conservation Park | South Australia

Black Hill Conservation Park is a quick half hour ride on the Adelaide Metro (Bus 178 or 179), easily caught off the North Terrace. It's located just north of Morialta. This beast of a hike is probably less strenuous than the Water Fall Gully hike up to the Mount Lofty summit, but it does have its own challanges.

You do get spectacular views of the built up areas when you get high up the hike. The peak is about 450 meters high (!!!!) and it totally drained me. Thankfully, the return hike was nearly 100% downhill.

We were leary of snakes, but most we saw were these little critters. If you look closely, you may notice that it recently got injured :(

Random tree really, I just thought it'd look good in B&W.

You can see the city again in the background, and how high we can get up. Probably a bad example as this was on the way home, and had already walked downhill for quite a bit.

I'm throughly enjoying my new flash; apart from adding the beautiful catchlight, I didn't realize that most of my shots were at low iso (in this case... iso 100!); the flash was really doing a wonderfull job.

No comments: