Monday, January 26, 2009

Tour Down Under: Last Day!

70-300VR tracking perfectly as this racer carves the corner.

16-85VR bringing you right into the action!

Yesterday marked the last day of the Tour Down Under stages in South Australia, and I managed to pull myself out of sweet sweet coolness into the heat outside for some shooting practice. I got to the race about 40 minutes before it started, and man, was I late! It was jammed packed with people, and I had to move to a real far area to shoot. Oh well. Tried some shots with my 70-300, it actually seemed quite decent for tracking the fast moving riders in the corner. But most of the time I was with my 16-85, and for certain vantage points, I was actually wishing I had a wider angle lens as I was so close to the riders! Don't think I got any good shots, but here's a few to share above.

No comments: