Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cancer Council Classic | Tour Down Under 09





Highlight on Sunday is the Tour Down Under 09, Cancer Council Classic race around Rymill square, just off Rundle Street. Was actually "trapped" inside the square for an hour whilst the race went on around the square. Had my longer 70-300 with me, but due to the only place I could find on the trackside (was very lucky to find a place someone was actually vacating...), it was practically useless. I relied on my trusty old 16-85 and it proved to be a perfect range. There's a reason why this bugger is always on my camera 99% of the time when I'm doing non-wildlife stuff :)

I took nearly 800 shots, and managed to get only about 40 keepers but I'll only print the few good ones, like the two shots above. Near almost every shot was panned, and some low speed shots turned out nice, and some high shutter shots were blurred out. Gah.

Saw a few white Ls in the crowd, and was quite surprised to see a large number of huge Sigmas and Nikkors in use. I seriously think I saw a few guys carrying 400/2.8 Nikkors in the crowd....

No comments: