Friday, September 04, 2015

Teksumo Build Log 08

Fair bit of progress today, the wing halves have glued together very well, so I've proceeded to cut out the battery bay and electronics bay.
There are already original cut-outs to mount the battery/electronics below the wing, but I do not think having the batteries/electronics below is a good idea. Hence, I decided to relocate them above.
The battery poses an interesting conundrum. My original plan was to cut out the upper side and glue it back on as the underside. However, the new lipo I have is about as thick as the wing, and I'm wondering if there is a way to secure it so that the battery can lie inside the wing, not partly out of it.

I've also fitted the servo links to the servo horns, and bent an additional triangle shaped region to help absorb some shock. Need to trip the extras off over the weekend.

I also need to figure out a way to mount the cameras, but that'll be a later thing.

No comments: