Sunday, August 15, 2010

Eagle Heights - cheetah day!

Another visit to Eagle Heights, I'm visiting it a little far too often. However, today I left my sketch pad at home and brought along my favourite duo (not like I have other choices lol) of my 300/4 AF-S and 70-200VR1, as well as my 1.4x teleconverter. Objective: Have fun!

My favourite thing to do is shoot portraits of the critters, so today's is going to be mostly closed in critter headshots. Enjoy!

Snowy owl, tried to capture the eye amidst the white.

Steppe eagle, attempting to capture a regal feel.

Heheheh I want noms!


Also, right now I'm still figuring out Bibble 5, trying to use it to get a feel as close as possible to Bibble 4.

Orly?

White faced scops owls are amazing - one of the keepers showed me that if you danced to 'em, they dance back!

Erm. Cheetah fursuit.

Doggy portraits :3

Water monitor. 'es a big one.

Tortoise for fund raising. Gotta love 'em.

Griffon Vulture.

And of course, the cheetah, Boumani. The reason I brought in the 300/4 + 1.4x. Even so, still had to crop in. Bleh.

Awesome day out, defo recommended for parents with kids, the shows are really good fun.

GW

No comments: