Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bushy Park yet again!

It's almost clockwork now. 5am wake up, snooze the alarm a few times, really wake up, wash and out the house by 5.30. Rush down to the Waterloo, and then a half hour ride to Teddington brings me to the gates of Bushy Park just as the sun pokes through.


It was still quite overcast, but the sun bled a little reddish tint into the sky, so it wasn't as dreary as the last time I was shooting here. The deer seemed to be a bit more mellow today though - the first few stags I encountered were grazing, and I was wondering if the season was over.


That was not the case, as once I reached the heron pond, I was told by the friendly people fishing there that there was a huge stag just around the corner, and I should be a little wary of him, as last week, he chased a photographer up a tree! Ulp. Much more caution this week.

Probably my favourite shot of the day. I had nearly walked into these two furballs - they were resting in the bracken. Ops.... minutes later though, the stag I was mentioning about earlier just bulldozed his way through, scattering this two. It was a great if slightly worrying experience, and I did not manage to get a shot - kinda more worried if I would be gored to death or not. I hope that other photog with the 300/2.8 got some nice shots :)



Speaking of gear, there were a fair number of white lenses around today. Feel so lonely, being black and gold.


The clouds were there, with a few nice openings.


For the most part, I think the public has a healthy sense of respect for the deer. I still observed a fair number of dogs running unleashed though.


Till next time :)

No comments: