Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Mismash!

Ok so today was epic. Left the house at 9, went down to Columbia Road Flower Market, shot there for a bit, walked almost all the way back to Trafalgar Square (took the tube one station away as I was late). Met a friend to inflict upon him the deadly disease of a digital slr, had lunch, then I spent the the rest of the day upon the south bank exploring the Thames Festival and shooting a parkour and break dancing demonstration.

12gbs, apparently was not enough for trigger happy me.

The Thames Festival was on this weekend, so I travelled the entire stretch of the south bank dedicated to it.

Paw sore, I went home, dumped the cards to storage, went BACK to the festival to shoot the parade. Got back at 10pm. There were supposed to be fireworks at 9.45, but I was simply too worn out to care! I wanted to test out my new monopod + ball bungee combo as a make-shift tripod equivalent. Maybe another time.

So here's the wildlife available at the flower market: exhibit one: cat. The furball is a pet of one of the neighbouring stores, as I was told by one of the more friendly photographers there. There were *loads* of photographers, and I whilst I was shooting the cat above, someone shot *me* :P Wish I could see that, I was told I put up quite a fair few poses when shooting :P

Here's a more environmental shot of the furball. Usually it rests on another car that is not available. I'm going to have to visit some other weekend to shoot it again.

Trying out some street. Not my strong suit. But I thought this scene was interesting.

How's this?

On the way back to Trafalgar Square, I visited Bunhill Fields Burial Grounds. I was actually semi-lost - it was overcast without a sun, so I was navigating using luck. If I'd a compass I'm sure I'd get to Trafalgar Square on  time....

Some sand art at the beach along the Thames.


I'll end this post for today with one of the panoramas I took along Old Street. Loads of beautiful grafiti that needs to be part of my collection of time slices. Click on it - it's a 1600 res upload!

PS: Jaggies from the jpg export.

No comments: