Friday, April 03, 2009

I was at Cleland last week too :P

A dingo. DIIINGGO. (can't decide to print this at A3 canvas, or A2 satin.... hmmm...)

Been very busy the last two weeks in the final push to complete the show. In most every day, but I still got my time to go to Cleland. And back to office after :P Processed some pictures but had no time to blog about them. So there. Last week was relatively meh. Weather was quite warm, and my cuddly Rock Wallabies were hiding amongst the rocks again. Took quite a few shots but most went into the trash bin. Still got one in a reasonably environment-kinda pose.

Andu / Yellow Footed Rock Wallaby

I've also decided that the Andu are much cuter than the Swamp Wallabies. So there.

No, they don't have red eyes, that's the flash causing it. And no, I don't have photoshop. It's quite freaky when you actually see it through the viewfinder when the pre-flash goes off...

Cattle Heron

The Cattle Heron reside in a fair sized aviary, and they don't seem to like me, the last few times I visited their home. Perhaps my new hairstyle gets them confused them this time, so I managed to get closer and get a shot of one of 'em.

Baby Wombat peaking outta pouch!

Ok. I present to you a wombat rear, with a tiny joey sticking its head out of the rearward facing pouch. It's pretty ingenious evolution; if the pouch faced the front, the little pup would be swimming in dirt if the mom started to dig. It's times like this I wish I owned the legendary 200-400mm/4. Being legendary, these are owned by... legends. I'm not. So.... (plz ignore the horrible bokeh... thanks....)

EMU!

Emus aren't very cuddly, so if you do want to hug one my advice is don't bother. This one (nearly 6 feet tall) was in a fairly curious mood, pecking away at my lens. Thank goodness it's my damaged 55mm 2.8, so I didn't bother to much.

100% crop

Optically it is my best lens in my meagre stable. Damn, I love the old stuff :) Cheap and good :) Pain in the rear to focus though. Today, I leave thee with a final picture of the iconic Koala! (They are NOT bears!!!!)

Koala.

No comments: