Sunday, July 06, 2008

New toy: Sigma 10-20mm X)

I've been using mostly 28-70 zooms on my film SLR, and 40-50mms on my RFs. Rarely do I even use the 70+mm range, though I'm always wanting.

Yesterday, a little gem popped up on ebay - Sigma's 10-20mm - which, on my D40x gives me like 17mm lens (!!!!) something I've never ever used before. Sure, I'd lust for a nice 12mm to be on my imaginary R8 - but that's not likely to happen in the next 15 years. I lucked out and got a really nice copy.

I was pixel peeping a bit with shots on the 10mm at F4 and F8, they seemed very sharp throughout. I can't wait to get this baby on a field test =)

GW

5 comments:

阿仁 | JIN said...

hoho.. new lens. but where's your photos?

Gallen Wolf said...

Wah! ho bo? Waiting for my new lcd monitor to arrive b4 I process =) Laptop screen process liao got issues :P

阿仁 | JIN said...

30" cinema display huh?

Gallen Wolf said...

Honestly? I nearly wanted to get that :P Problem is I don't think it has a vga input only hdmi - my lappy dun have hdmi out leh :(

Ryan G. said...

damn....that's wickedly hot dude...heheh.
looking forward to the pics.