Wednesday, August 19, 2015

ARGH! Hardly able to fly my heli >.>

I've been having a thoroughly bad run with my mCPX, I think it's close to two weeks since I last flew it! The last time I took it out, the battery lead that is connected to the board fell out. No big deal, since I have a soldering iron.

Or do I?

Seems like my butane iron's tip has worn out after years of service, and refused to light up. Today, the spare I ordered finally arrived, and YES! I can fix this. I proceeded to take the flight board off the heli, and while pulling off the servo connectors, pulled out one of the connectors on the board.

ARGH!

It's a SMD solder joint, and I do not have the tools or know-how to fix that. I've sent an email to Megas's Micros as they do board repairs. Hopefully I will get this fixed in a few weeks. In the meantime, I can get on with setting up my IMU and stuff with my teensy 3.1 :)

No comments: