Sunday, November 02, 2014

Down by The Sally Gardens

Must be the weather. Had a sudden need to learn a new tune, and found this lovely piece. Decided to play it on the low F, as the low A just takes a leeeeetle too much breath for a slow piece. I also found a staircase in my apartment that appears to be unconnected to the main living areas, and it had a marvelous reverb - had to try a recording there.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm that much of a fan of such a long recorded reverb. Its great fun to play with such a long reverb, but I think it's a bit overwhelming. In addition, playing rubato - no tempo - was really difficult. With just the whistle alone, it needs to feed into the subconscious rhythm of the music of as well and I don't think I did too good a job.

Live and learn!

No comments: