Thursday, August 01, 2013

Due is in the house!




I haven't yet powered it up, as I still need to install the Arduino IDE on my linux box - sidegraded to Linux Mint recently and it is barebones setup for Houdini. In addition, the parts I ordered were missing a few pieces, most critically... solder >.>

A few sensors were also not available, so, le sigh. Ah well. I have enough to test the com ports lol.

EDIT: So, finally got around to installing the IDE, it required a few touches; first, the ia32 libs to be installed. Next, I had to add my user to the dialout group, if not I could not use the virtual com port.If not, it works! And there's snazzy progress bars too :3



2 comments:

Greg said...

Hi
Thanks for visiting my site and leaving a link to it. I am glad I could help with your issues installing and using the serial port in arduino.
Best regards
Greg
labby.co.uk

Gallen Wolf said...

No worries, thanks for sharing!