Saturday, June 22, 2013

My addiction

Yesterday evening was the start of a surprise 3 day long weekend, with next week ALSO another long weekend. Which is nice, as this week has been rather long at work. Headed over to a big music shoppe, Archambault to get the French edition of The Lion King - in the hopes that watching a film that I am very familiar with, I can pick up some of the language.
They have a whole floor, and a large floor at that, dedicated to music and sheet music of all sorts. I was like in heaven. There were so many version of The Well Tempered Clavier in print, as well as beginner versions. The photo above shows one of the many, many display units. This particular one filled with just Bach related pieces. Another section to the right had loads of chopin. ARGH!

Another set of shelves featured loads of music from film and video game music. I seriously had a hard time resisting the urge to pick up the Super Mario piano books, and there were piano pieces from The Piano (Michael Nyman), The Life Of Pi, The Lion King and sooo many others. After much deliberation I set down the Super Mario book.... walked around the corner and BAM this was staring at me in the face. I had to get this. The pieces inside are rather difficult for my level, but I just had to.

Now... I really need to replace my beloved CP33...

No comments: