Sunday, June 01, 2008

Adelaide Zoo!

Well, seemingly I actually went out on a Sunday. So no gaming today, but lots of snapshots and had a great fun time doing lots of processing at home.

Today I set my D40X's color settings to Vivid+, from the usual setting of nada. Can't really tell much on the LCD, but back home, whoa, uber saturation! It's very nice for all the greens - I get the kind of saturation and kick that I like, but it over enhances the blues and warm colors. I now need to de-sat or pull down the blues, and some times the warm colors as well, else they are a mish-mash of near-solid colours.

Is this better? I'm not sure, I need to do more shoots, but overall I am very pleased with the results. I much rather decrease saturation than pump it up, but this also does have it's own drawbacks like sucking out areas of color where you DO want it there.

Anyways:

Pictures here!

No comments: