Thursday, March 11, 2010

Some INFJ revelations? (WARNING: Boring)

Attempting to fix the computer again last night was a well and proper failure; I finally resorted to pulling out the 60gb hard drive that came with the laptop and fuddling with the linux installs till I got it right. As of right now, all I have is a plain Ubuntu 9.04 install with Envy NG setting up my Quadro :) Everything else seems to be on the crashed drive but loading up some pictures and files seem to indicate the data _seems_ intact. I hope so.

In any case, while the above fiasco was going on, I was reading a few chapters of a new book I got, called "Do What You Are: Discover the perfect career for you through the secrets of personality type" by Paul Tieger. The book is not for me of course ;-) But for a friend I know who is somewhat dissatisfied with his job - thought if type helped me find my way, it could help him as well.

The test type here was rather fast, and I came in again having a choice between INFJ and INFP. They have a little helper section to push you in the right direction, and I was sorted INFJ. Nothing new here.

What's more interesting is how they described the development of the function preferences, and when in life we develop them. What has proved very syncronous is the development of the 4th, or inferior function as described in the book. Therein indicates that the 4th function is developed between 25 and 50 years old (don't have the book with me right now - slacking as I wait for renders :P)

Which is interesting since about december last year I've actually started on a bit of life drawing, it's really bad at the moment so I won't be posting any stuff. I think this is a sign that I'm beginning to work on my sensor functions and not drift through life in a blur :D

What a horrible conclusion. Glad I'm not a writer.

No comments: