Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Winter drive up to Lillooet and Cache Creek

I had a brilliant drive over the weekend. Starting from Vancouver, I headed up the Sea To Sky Highway, stopping over at Galileo Coffee Company for a quick rest.
My next stop would be at the Chevron just past Whistler. The roads were piled high with snow on the sides, but the roads themselves were perfectly clear.
Originally, I wanted to head up to Pemberton for lunch, but I was not feeling hungry, and decided to push on to Lillooet. On the way up, I searched for a rest stop to take some photos of the car. There weren't any, but there was a wide open area that I went past the last time that worked just as well.

Duffey Lake Road had very few vehicles on either way. While the roads were clear, they weren't as clean as the roads I travelled on earlier, and the sides of the car took a nice coating of the mud and snow. Now that I know what slush and dirt does to the car, I will be adding some modifications and wraps to deal with that.

Once I hit Lillooet, I had a quick lunch at an A&W, then pushed on to Cache Creek. It was already pretty late, so I didn't dawdle as I didn't want to stay out too late after dark in my tiny roadster. It was dark by the time I reached Hope and refueled at another Chevron - the 94 Octane has no ethanol added, and I _think_ it helps with the fuel economy - I was always keeping the engine in it's power band for hillclimbs, and I still got close to 9/100km for this entire trip, with certain legs averaging 8.13l/100km!!!

At the very end, I went to a car wash to clean the car off, and I detailed it by hand myself on Monday. I had lots of fun in the corners, and saw too many beautiful sights that I wish I could share with you. But all I can offer is the forward view from my dashcam. Can't wait to go on another drive :) 


No comments: