Monday, February 18, 2019

Finally getting good fuel economy :)

8.84l/100km (26.61mpg)! Doing good, doing good! In fact, the mileage should be better as the tires I have on the car are roughly 3% taller than stock.

I did a fair amount of road tripping today; travelled from Vancouver all the way up to Squamish, then decided to do Paradise Valley Road. The road changes from paved to gravel, and I turned around. On the way back though, I found myself a bit confused with the road markings, and went up Squamish Valley Road. It was a brilliant drive along snow covered roadsides, and I shared the road with some locals on horses. Once again, I stopped when the paved road ended* and the gravel trail began.

I called it quits then as I was hungry, so high-tailed it back to a petrol station then went home. While I did flog the engine, it was just to get up to speed on the highway, or when overtaking. If not, I kept the rpms between 2k and 3k, and it felt really good on the road. The sea to sky has a a good balance of hillclimbs and downhill, and it was so much fun rev matching to engine brake downhill.

Miata, you are too much fun :)


* this actually marked the start of Squamish River Forest Service Road

No comments: