Monday, September 24, 2012

Humble Bundle 6... boo :(

Have some spare change this month, and decided to get the 6th Humble Bundle. None of the games really stood out for me, but I could do with a new shooter, and thought Space Pirates and Zombies would be a good one. Sadly, it is uber slow on linux - I bet it's run through wine and not native - and it doesn't even run on my mac. Torchlight I also had hopes for it but no, it ran like mud on my linux box. Didn't even bother to download it for osx. Not keen on the platformers either, so :(

Seriously, I think I should just bite the bullet and buy a new game for my DS. Like, no worries about hardware or drivers, just bloody insert the cartridge, play. I'm getting old, you know?

On the flip side, the bundle game with a whole lot of OSTs, so there is a *lot* of music to listen to. Hopefully it'll be good. In the 4th bundle, Cave Story's soundtrack is fantastic, especially when you factor in that it the entire game was done entirely by one guy. Jamestown's OST is similarly friggin' awesome. So here's hoping the OSTs in the 6th bundle are good :)

Frankly, as much as I would like to game, I am at the stage where I can't be arsed to dig into my os to get stuff to work. Like SPAZ on linux, I had to chmod the download, install it, find out that it won't run full screen (LCD gives me spasms about incorrect sync?!), had to go to a terminal, kill the game, find out that the windowing system is now on the fritz, reboot, edit the frakin' game config file, finally get it to run, only to have it speed by like molasses.

No thanks.

I'd rather spend time writing pointless blog posts and learning counterpoint, ya know?

No comments: