Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Sometimes I wonder why I learn CG...

I guess I'm feeling a little lost, as I'm not yet feeling the love for the classical pieces I'm working on at the moment, and I have to be one of the few people who have never touched a guitar till their mid thirties!

Granted, the guitar is quite enjoyable, but I never got into the crazy in-depth keenings when I was learning other instruments. I'm like... "yeah, not bad, making progress with this hal leonard book..."

And I only have *one* book, amazingly. Maybe I've gotten a bit more miserly, as I had a friggin' stack of sax and piano books.

......

Oh right, I forgot... the traveling around for work bit. Riiight. XD

......

The music so far that really draws my soul in, is actually lute music transcribed for guitar - more accurately, Early music. However looking at those pieces, I think they are still a leeeeetle too advanced for me at my stage.

Plus, I really want to figure out how to write for CG.

Maybe you'll see me with a glockenspiel next.

No, a marimba is more likely. XD

No comments: