Sunday, January 26, 2014

Food and Weather

The weather was warmer last week, but this week it's back to the proper winter cold. I think I'm getting used to it, as -10C is like.... whatever. It's the temperatures below -20C that annoy me, and it's mainly just about my face feeling like it's falling off. The rest of me is fine. It was snowing when I was out and back from work today, and it's probably still going on. The snow is fine, but the problem lies with after, it becoming ice and becoming a hazard. Oh well.

I recently found some nice places. First up is Leméac. Really fine steak here (costs a bomb though). The fries are really good too. While the serving looks small, it is a really filling meal. Looking forward for the next payday for this again :)

Just besides Leméac is Mikado, which does japanese. I only tried their Katsu Chicken, which I found really good. The chicken found here in Montreal is something, I think all the places I've had chicken are just damned good. Somehow, the meat here is just amazingly soft and tender.

There is also the chain, eggspectation, that I occasionally visit. I think of the many breakfast kind places I've tried, it's probably the one I enjoy visit the most.

To counter the "omg food here so good" etc etc, I must say that there are many other disappointing places I've visited. There was a place that always had a long queue during lunch time, so I was thinking it must be damned good food there. Once, I wandered by and there were some places at the bar, and I had lunch there. I have no idea why people queued up for this. I could cook better, and I'm the best at cooking instant noodles. Seriously.

Asian food here has been disappointing as well, I have no idea why the reviews are so glowing. Apart from Nonya, which I heartily recommend, I've yet to have a good chinese meal. Even the recommendations I got from people faired pretty sad. Ah well.

No comments: